Wednesday, September 25, 2013

My job is easy

According to Benji my job is super easy. Now building machines or something he says would be really hard. I beg to differ, but I'm just the mom I don't know anything.

Actually some days my job is very easy. I have it good. Like yesterday, easy and only because it was the first time in a while that I let myself relax when I wasn't feeling yucky. I sat down and watched transformers in the middle of the day and quite frankly enjoyed myself immensely. Was it my best use of time, in many ways no, but in the way that matters it certainly did. Just taking a time out for myself was incredibly fulfilling. I think I can be a better mom because of it. Now my choice of movie might not be expected but sometimes a girl has to have some action packed into her life. I guess that's why 90% of the time I agree to Dave's movies because I enjoy them just as much as he does.

And sometimes when I'm not being a bum or feeling exhausted, well actually when I am exhausted being a homemaker or housemaker as Benji called it, is the hardest job on the planet. There are so many things to be done and frankly I have had to let a lot of things go, but being there to love and nurture and teach my kids is the most important job I could be doing. It is full of tantrums and whining and sassy-ness and tears and boredom and aches and pains and fever. It is back breaking and mind numbing from endless chatter and questions and so completely wonderful. I wouldn't want to be paid all the money in the world to be anywhere else. Who else is going to raise these cute boys of mine to be who I know my Heavenly Father wants them to be? Who is going to love them like their own mother? Who else is going to see them grow up to be outstanding men and eventually great fathers? Sometimes I wonder if they'll ever get married with some of the things they do, but I love them. They are mine and I am so thankful for the opportunity Dave allows me to stay home with them. It is the easiest and hardest job I have ever had to do.