Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Scout

Well our man started scouts last night and it ended up being a pinewood derby. It's kind of funny the lengths some men will go to, to win the race. Benji came in 19th which was somewhere in the middle I think. We have no clue what we are doing apparently. We forgot the graphite in the wheels. Who knew? Apparently everyone but us.

But on a good note Benji had a really good time. He even helped the men who brought the track put it away. One man actually came up afterward to tell us we had a fine boy for helping him. I love that about Benji, but I am always scared he does more harm than good, but I just need to let him be who he is. He loves to help. It is his favorite thing. In fact last night when we got home he was upset because he wanted to help us load up some big garbage cans in our neighborhood with all our garbage but had to read 20 minutes for homework. I finally caved and let him load one more thing. He is just a helper. Always has been, always will be.

Well I am excited for Benji to start scouts. I know how special it is to my dad and brother. And I know Benji is really excited too. He has already started reading the manual and telling me all sorts of things. Here we go on a new adventure.