Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Flustered

First of all let me just point out the fact that I am socially inept. Monday night there was a family reunion/fireside at a church in the foothills that we took our family to. Two apostles were there and both spoke and it was a very sweet meeting learning about an ancestor. As we were leaving the boys had to use the restroom, so Dave and I stood outside the doors waiting for them. Along comes one of the apostles leaving to go to his car. He shook Dave's hand and in the meantime I am trying to think of something to say. Being socially inept has you planning in advance what you are going to say because your brain doesn't think off the cuff. So I thought I would say thank you...to imply thank you for your message and thanks for all you do for the church. So when he shook my hand next I was prepared with my little ditty, however I wasn't prepared for him actually asking a question. "How are you doing?" And my reply...."thank you." Yeah, I am a moron. He sort of gave me a confused look before he headed out the door. What can I say...