Sunday, December 8, 2013

Asking the right questions

I have had a bad few weeks, maybe even months. I couldn't understand why I wasn't feeling any better. Why I am depressed or blue or why don't I feel good. I was praying and begging to take this away. I was trying to find solutions to my problems by looking inward, trying to heal myself from the inside out. But this past week as I have gotten back into the routine of daily scripture study, attending the temple, continuing to take care of myself I found Heavenly Father continually whispering answers that I couldn't hear quite right and I was getting frustrated because I am such a hard headed girl sometimes. It wasn't until I pondered on what I was hearing from friends and family that I realized all the answers I needed were because I was praying for the wrong thing. And when I finally figured out what I should be praying for an immediate calm and feeling of peace and happiness came over me. I was able to have my prayers answered just by asking the right question. It was sort of a weird experience. Awesome but weird. The question wasn't what can You do for me, but what can I do to help someone else.
Matthew 16:25
25 For whosoever will save his life shall lose it: and whosoever will lose his life for my sake shall find it.