Saturday, February 22, 2014

I'm up coughing so I thought I'd write a little blog post. Yesterday I finished reading the Book of Mormon for the umpteenth time and felt impressed to share my testimony of it. All I know is this book has an amazing power behind it. When I read from it, even when it is hard it somehow blesses my life. My life can be difficult and hard and sometimes I find myself struggling to make it through the day, but if I stop and take a few minutes and even sometimes longer, just reading from this book gives me the strength I need to carry on. Makes the rough patches somehow a little smoother. I know this book is the word of God. I cannot deny the many miracles I have seen as I read and then attempt to live my life by its precepts. It speaks of our Savior, Jesus Christ and His visit with the people who were living on this continent, waiting for Him, never knowing if He would visit them since He was on the other side of the world, but He came and ministered to them after His resurrection. He loved them. He loves us. He visited a young boy and restored His gospel in its fullness to him and helped him to translate the ancient records of the people who lived here. I know this to be true because the spirit bears witness to me that it is. I cannot deny. I am truly thankful for all my blessings and also my trials, for they help me. I am thankful for my Savior who continues to love me even when I fall short, for His atonement which heals me in my weaknesses and comforts me in sadness and buoys me up when the road seems long. For a Father in Heaven who loves His daughter perfectly and without conditions. I feel it.