Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Meal Planning

I have been spending so much money on food lately, much more than I should. We are trying to stay within a budget to try and get out of debt, but I kept spending way too much and throwing some food away. Finally this weekend I sat down with my fellas and we decided what we wanted to eat for the next 2 weeks. I went shopping on Monday and spent $150 less than I usually do. Dave looked at me and wondered what I have been buying before. Honestly I have no idea, but I am completely amazed by the savings. And it makes it easier for me to decide what to make each night. Why haven't I done this before? I am a slow learner. All I have to buy next week is milk , toilet paper and honey and maybe some more apples. So cool. This makes me so happy and the prospect of getting out of debt that much more doable.