Wednesday, April 2, 2014

I went to the store today looking for some jeans. Old Navy is having a sale so I went hoping to get a new pair. I searched and searched for my size but all they had were the Longs and I am definitely not a Long. So I thought I would try them on anyway to see if that was my size. They fit pretty good, a little loose but thought for sure I had struck out. I wandered the store searching for shirts that I knew wouldn't fit because of my long torso, but hoping just the same. I didn't want to go home empty handed. Well I went back over by the jeans and thought I might as well try a different style who knows they might fit. My body has certainly changed so why not the cut of my jeans. So I tried on my size in the Flirt style and just for fun a tried a size smaller than I am in the style I usually get. Well the Flirts fit okay, but they are a tad low in the front, which wasn't too bad, but I like it a little higher because my baby skin likes to make an appearance once in awhile, but I thought I could live with these jeans if I had to. For fun I tried on the smaller size in the style I think suits me better, sweethearts, and thought if nothing else maybe I could have something to motivate me to lose a few more pounds. Well folks, they fit.like.a.glove. Can I just tell you how ecstatic I am? Ahhhhhhhhhhh! I am back in the size I haven't been in a really, really long time. I would still like to get down a little more, oh I'll just say it, below 200. I am so close, but can I just say I am so thankful for this body of mine. I have dealt with a lot. I don't really like to complain, but this body of mine has struggled for a very long time years and years and will most likely continue to be the cross I bear for years to come. It hasn't been easy, but I have learned great lessons in humility and patience and enduring. Some days it is extremely hard for me to get out of bed. But I do it. I know the Lord has a plan for me and He has always given me the way through when I have desperately needed his help. If I show forth a little bit of effort and do the best I can He truly makes up the difference. He sends me strength when I can't fight another minute. He takes away the pain and dizziness when I just don't think I can make it to my church's youth activity, but as soon as I am back home my afflictions return. But for those few hours I have been given a reprieve from my symptoms and I feel so completely blessed. The Lord is mindful of my suffering and truly I am okay, because He is on my side. With Him, I can do anything, and I have.