Sunday, May 25, 2014

Compromise

I've never been good at compromise. I usually like what I like and I dig in my heels until I get what I want...usually. Lately though I can see there are other people with different opinions on things and sometimes it is okay to bend a little or compromise and sometimes it actually works out for the better. For instance I cannot stand my nasty carpet upstairs anymore. I have had just about enough of living in this pig sty I live in. Our homes are supposed to be a temple and mine just has not felt that way, no matter how much paint I put on the walls. So Dave consented to let me get new carpet for the bedrooms and flooring for the rest of the upstairs. I looked at lots of ideas, weighed pros and cons became pretty sure about what I didn't want, but I wasn't exactly sure about what I really wanted. I came across an idea I was sure I wanted because it was cheap and we could afford it and it would do the job. But Dave didn't like my idea...at all. So what to do. I have been trying so hard to get out of debt, but this flooring thing has been eating at me since we bought this house. Five years. And while we both still like different styles  we have come to a compromise I think we can both live with. We are going to look at it one more time before we make a final decision because it is a bit of money, and will add to our deficit, but will be worth it in the end. I am so excited!!! I have endured 5 years of long-suffering. ;) Oh man, I cannot wait for it to be completed. Oh and we still have to find a carpet we both like, aye carumba. Well at least we have jumped the major hurdle. :)