Monday, December 1, 2014

There are 24 days until Christmas and tonight we had a family home evening about what gifts would could give our Savior. Each of us picked one or two things we could work on. Service, praying, reading scriptures, etc. We have to try and complete them by Christmas. We talked a little bit about strengthening our relationship with Christ in church yesterday, and how we can do that. The scriptures say when we have done it into one of the least of these my brethren, you have done it into me. And how do you get to know someone, it is by doing what they did. I have a lot of work to do still, but I hope someday to be like my Savior. I still find myself being selfish and hard hearted and wondering what is in it for me. I still struggle. But I have a great desire to do and be better even if I fall short. We also watched Mr. Krugers Christmas. An old favorite of mine. Do I look for those who are alone or struggling or who need a friend or am I too wrapped up in myself or my own problems to see others? Lately I have felt mostly the latter. I really want to be better. I am so thankful for friends and family. Especially a friend who gave me a great compliment yesterday. It was just what I needed and gave me a shot of self esteem. It's amazing what a kind word can do. Maybe if you have a moment think of something you could do to help someone out this season. If each of us is working on it maybe the world will be a little better, feel more of the love of the Savior.