Monday, February 9, 2015

Grateful

Today I am so very grateful. I took my aunt grocery shopping and we ended up in the drive-thru at McDonald's and I looked in and saw a girl. She looked like she had a difficult life, and I saw the worker at the window who was so nice, but wondering how old he could be and working at McDonald's, maybe my age and then I thought of my own life and how extremely blessed beyond any measure I am and how I don't know why I have been so blessed, to live where I live and have the things I have and there are so many with so little. I don't think God loves me anymore than he loves them, in fact I felt I caught a glimpse of His love just seeing them. They were beautiful people and God loves them. He loves all His children, but I don't feel any more deserving of all His blessings. I am so thankful. Thankful for Dave, how hard he works to take care of us. I had to take him to work this morning because his car is in the shop and I was thinking how grateful I am that he is willing to wake up so early and drive to work in the dark and work all day and I get to sleep in and snuggle with my boys and take care of the house. I am so thankful for the opportunity. I am thankful he wants that for me. I am just so thankful for my blessings. It was a bit of a softening for me today. A tantrum on Saturday and a realization today that I have so very, very much. Thanks Heavenly Father for the bestowal of such blessings. I only hope I can be a good steward of all He has given me.