Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Light

Sunday I watched a video of close up images of the sun. It was amazing. I couldn't help but think how people can believe there is no God when you see the wonders of His creations. He is there and He is the creator of all things. It is miraculous.

Over the past year I have felt this overwhelming drive to be better, to be more, to try and become more like my Savior. My Young Women challenge me by their good examples. I am far from perfect, so far in fact sometimes I get discouraged, but then I am sent gentle reminders of how far I have come. Part of the process of becoming, was completing my Young Women's medallion and Honor Bee. And last night I was awarded those great honors by my bishop and the young women's president. It feels good. It feels really good.

The closer I come towards the light of Christ the more I crave it in my life. The world can be so full of darkness and discouragement, but the Savior brings hope and light just like the sun. It chases the gloominess away. I thirst for light. I can't always find it amidst the mists of darkness that cloud my vision. Sometimes I grasp tightly to the rod of iron just trying to make it through some of the darker days, but oh how much more glorious is the light when I come out on the other side.

I get discouraged just like everyone else, I have some really challenging days, sometimes weeks, and even months. But I am thankful for the tender mercies of the Lord, the glimpses of light He sends me to show me He is there and that I can do hard things. Light is a beautiful thing, His light is exceptional and if we always seek it we will be greatly blessed. I know this because I have been so greatly blessed.