Saturday, May 23, 2015

Moments

Life has been kinda hard lately...emotionally, physically, mentally. But looking back over the past few weeks I have caught glimpses of moments, moments of light that I'm not sure I would have fully appreciated without the darkness. Today I had a moment with James. He asked me if I would like to go lay down in the car with him. Usually I would try to find another excuse of something I needed to do (yeah I'm an awesome mom...not), but this time I went. I was tired, I had just finished cleaning out my car, like deep down scrubbing, man my boys can be messy. So James had his blanket and pillow, I had my caramel apple crisps and we went and laid in the car. We each took a seat in the front, reclined our chairs all the way back and just talked and ate. It was nice to relax and enjoy a moment with my James. I know I don't do it enough. I wish I had the mental stamina to give my boys what they would really like, but I am thankful for the moments when I have enough to give them. And looking back today over the special moments of the last few weeks I can see God showing His love even though I felt so far away from Him. He was always there. And those moments have seen me through some tough days and I am so thankful to have had them.