Friday, June 26, 2015

Break

I have been on a bit of a break. I have been busy with life and there hardly seems to be a moment to think, let alone write. Plus I have opened up a new chapter in my life. Finally figured a few things out thanks to prayers and a great friend and it has opened up a world that makes a lot of sense to me, but also has more questions than answers at the moment. And I think the thing I struggle with the most is doing the right thing...for me. There are a lot of things I could do to further my understanding, but I am not sure if they are the Lord's way or the world's way. So it feels like a beginning of a new way of life that finally makes sense. I think the Lord gives each of us special gifts and abilities. I can see them so easily in people, in my own kids, in my family. I see them in me too, but one in particular I have really been struggling with. It was almost becoming a hindrance.   I think the problem was I didn't know what it was. It didn't have a name until my friend pointed it out, once I opened up about it. I think I was scared or afraid, but I see there is nothing to be afraid of. Now is the real work in how I can make this gift a valuable tool. To understand, to learn, to develop a way to use it for good. To help people. I know it will take time, but for once I feel like it is going to be okay.