Wednesday, June 3, 2015

The Truth

If you want to know the truth about something a child will tell it to you straight. They may be blunt sometimes, but it is so refreshing. So when a commercial came on a month ago about lipo-laser/liposuction what came out of my boys mouth changed my opinion about a lot of things. They strongly informed me that I should never do that under any circumstances because they like me just the way I am. And it has had me thinking the past month about the way I view myself. I care too much about what other people may or may not think and the opinions that should matter are the ones wrapped up in my little boys eyes. They love me, their mom, squishy, rollie pollie, and all. They see me. They don't want me to be anybody but myself. They like me just the way I am. I am a role model. What they view in me is in a future time going to be the way they view women and someday a future wife. I want them to see people for who they are not whether they fit a mold or a standard. I want them to love and cherish a girl someday. Maybe one that will end up rollie and pollie just like their mom and yet adore the very ground she walks on. Because really it is what is on the inside that truly counts. I have to love me the way they do. Because I want them to love that way. Kids will give it to you straight and I am so thankful for the truth they taught me.