Sunday, September 6, 2015

Trying

I have had a few weeks of trying. Trying my patience, trying not to let it get the better of me, trying to overcome my weaknesses. And in all this trying I feel like I have lost most of the time. I have been extremely impatient, I let most of it get the better of me and I succumbed to my weaknesses. If I were to tally the score it would be me: 0 and everything else: 1,097 (or more). But I keep trying. I keep moving forward no matter how small the centimeters. Life likes to try and get the best of me and sometimes it does, but there is something I know about life. That no matter what happens as long as I remember, remember who I am and whose I am and that even though I may have lost a few battles I am still a child of the most amazing God whose love is unconditional. He knows my weaknesses. He knows what makes me fall down. He knows my struggles and yet loves me all the same, if not more. He counsels me and strengthens me and in His quietness urges me on, to keep trying even though every part of me wants to give up. I feel so inadequate some days and yet He is the constant reminder of who I can become. I want to do better and be better because of Him. And I will keep trying.