Sunday, November 22, 2015

There is beauty all around

I think I have been in a downer mood lately, but despite that, I see so much beauty and joy too. There really is opposition in all things. To see the greatest joy sometimes you have to experience the greatest pain. It still isn't always easy, but I keep plugging along. I have really great friends and family, angels really, who say or do the nicest things when I need them most. Thank you. And now my brother and his wife have welcomed a sweet little bundle of joy into their home this week, Poppy Jane. I am so happy for them. They are amazing parents and I can't wait to meet the little ball of sweetness. They live way too far away for my liking. If I could, I would hop on a plane today to go see them. It has been too long. I miss them.

Even in the bleak of winter you can see the beauty. God is good and kind and wonderful. He has given us so much and yet we still have so much to learn. He is ever in charge. I have a hard time submitting my will to His sometimes. I am a lot stubborn. But if I take a moment and really see things from His perspective I see the wisdom and beauty and love of His ways. It isn't always easy for a bull headed girl like me, but I hope I am learning and changing and growing to become more like Him. Probably not, but one can hope.