Wednesday, December 9, 2015

My kid

My boys are awesome. They really are. They can drive me batty, but they are awesome. They are always teaching me. I believe the future is in good hands. Ben has been having trouble at school. He's not your typical boy. He is a gentle giant. He has friends, a couple of good ones at that, but one boy in particular he has struggled with. Part of me wants to be mama bear and fix things the way I think they ought to be fixed, but this morning Ben reminded me of just how much I love him. He is so content and happy in whatever situation he is placed in. He is so mellow. He does have a grizzly side like his mom when he gets poked too much with a stick, but even that makes me laugh because he isn't very good at being mad. He growls with a big smile on his face. I wish so much to be more like him. Content in whatever obstacles may be placed in my path. He is so much more a grown-up sometimes than I will ever be. I am so lucky to be his mom. I am thankful for his wonderful example and I am thankful for the man he is becoming and he pretty well came that way. I just get to sit and marvel. God knew I needed him...and first.