Tuesday, January 3, 2017

HAPPY new year.

Happy New Year. I have been meaning to write for awhile now, but it has become impossible on my phone and pulling out the big computer seems like work. I have been trying to do as little of that as possible lately. We had a wonderful Christmas. I didn't really get the spirit of it until the day after and the whole week spent with my family hibernating was just what the doctor ordered. We spent most of the time watching movies and putting puzzles together. Nothing glamorous for us Coxes. I love the simple life. I have been craving it for awhile. I have been suffering with depression for the past 6 months or so. I kept hoping it would go away like it usually does. Stays for a short while then moves on. Not this time. This time it has planted itself in my life and decided to stay awhile. Things are getting better and that week of doing nothing but vegging sure helped. Sometimes I am thankful I have a job, a reason to get up and get out of bed, yet at the same time it has been utter agony to get up and put on a happy face and commune with the world. If I haven't been a good friend, sister, daughter, etc. it is nothing to do with you and everything to do with just trying to make it day to day, hour to hour. Sorry if I offended or weren't able to give. Give of myself, give of my energy to those around me. I have been in survival mode. And probably taking more than giving. I hate that life has come to that. I am a giver by nature. But through the darkness I have been so thankful to the friends and family who have kept me happy, given me light when all seemed kinda dark. I am truly blessed. I have learned I am not alone. That God watches out for us by giving us amazing support groups. Sometimes we have to travel through the dark in order to more fully appreciate the light. The light is beautiful my friends. It is warm and friendly, sustaining and revitalizing. The Lord truly has blessed me with eyes to see how truly wonderful you all are. Thank you. Here is to a wonderful new year, full of possibilities and new beginnings.