Sunday, April 16, 2017

Tender Heart

I have a tender heart today. Easter is always a special day. A day to remember what my Savior has done for me. Today we had a lesson on Jesus Christ and the teacher asked a question that really got me thinking and changing my perspective of things. I have had a rough week. But I am always amazed at the spirit I can still feel even when I may not be doing things I should. He never gives up on me. Well today I was thinking about how do I know Christ? How was it that I came to believe not only in Him but believe Him? Believe that He is going to do everything He has promised. I have been blessed with some experiences. At 15 I gained a sure witness of my Father in Heaven. I know we have a Father who loves us. I know we are his children. I am His daughter. I knew about Christ, but it wasn't until my early 20's that I felt like I absolutely needed Him and even though I didn't feel I deserved forgiveness and the healing power He sent me that I began to truly know Christ as my Savior, Redeemer and Friend. He lives. He loves me. I fall short everyday. Some days I feel like giving in before it has even begun. I have tested and rebelled and felt loved. I sin. I feel love and a gentle reprove that although I have sinned I can do and be better and that He will be there to help me. I have felt His forgiveness. I know. I just know. And I am always so thankful for these reminders. For these questions. For the spirit. Happy Easter! He lives, what joy.